[lustre-discuss] Announce: Lustre Systems Administration Guide

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Fri Nov 17 14:03:40 PST 2017

On Nov 16, 2017, at 22:41, Cowe, Malcolm J <malcolm.j.cowe at intel.com> wrote:

> I am pleased to announce the availability of a new systems administration guide for the Lustre file system, which has been published to wiki.lustre.org. The content can be accessed directly from the front page of the wiki, or from the following URL:
>
> http://wiki.lustre.org/Category:Lustre_Systems_Administration
>
> The guide is intended to provide comprehensive instructions for the installation and configuration of production-ready Lustre storage clusters. Topics covered:
>
> 	• Introduction to Lustre
> 	• Lustre File System Components
> 	• Lustre Software Installation
> 	• Lustre Networking (LNet)
> 	• LNet Router Configuration
> 	• Lustre Object Storage Devices (OSDs)
> 	• Creating Lustre File System Services
> 	• Mounting a Lustre File System on Client Nodes
> 	• Starting and Stopping Lustre Services
> 	• Lustre High Availability
>
> Refer to the front page of the guide for the complete table of contents.

Malcolm,
thanks so much for your work on this.  It is definitely improving the
state of the documentation available today.

I was wondering if people have an opinion on whether we should remove
some/all of the administration content from the Lustre Operations Manual,
and make that more of a reference manual that contains details of
commands, architecture, features, etc. as a second-level reference from
the wiki admin guide?

For that matter, should we export the XML Manual into the wiki and
leave it there?  We'd have to make sure that the wiki is being indexed
by Google for easier searching before we could do that.

Cheers, Andreas