[lustre-discuss] mounting OSTs of failed node on other nodes

E.S. Rosenberg esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu
Tue Nov 28 16:51:48 PST 2017

So it turns out that when I setup this lustre filesystem I defined it for
failover even though the vendor back then (2.4-2.5 days) was very negative
about it.
We never had an opportunity to actually test failover properly but it
worked nicely now, thanks to all the great people who work on this project!
:)

I am still curious though, assuming I had not done the original setup for
failover what steps would I now take to make these OSTs available?
I assume it's something like:
- mount OSTs
- tune2fs --writeconf [what?]

Correct?