[lustre-discuss] Building Lustre 2.10.1 for RHEL 7.3

Shawn McKee smckee at umich.edu
Wed Oct 4 07:06:51 PDT 2017

Hi Parag,

I just did this for Lustre 2.10.1 and ZFS 0.7.2.  Make sure you have all
the various "build" rpms (and various -devel rpms) installed.  (See lots of
good info at http://wiki.lustre.org/Compiling_Lustre )

Below is what I did for my build.

Made a Lustre_release directory

Use git to checkout out lustre source in ~/Lustre_release  (See
Compiling_Lustre URL above for details)

1) cd /root/Lustre_release

Verifty git is working
2) git status

3) git checkout v2_10_1

4) ./autogen.sh

5) ./configure

6) make rpms

7) Move the src rpm to ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/

8) Install this src rpm via 'rpm -ivh ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/...'

9) Make sure you have the needed kernel RPMS installed for ldiskfs:

"If you are building using kernel-devel packages and require ldiskfs
server support then ensure that the matching kernel-debuginfo-common
and kernel-debuginfo-common-<arch> packages are installed."
   To get these (if already installed) run:  yum --enablerepo=sl-debuginfo
update
  (Use yum install if not already installed)

10) Run the rpmbuild:

rpmbuild --ba --with zfs --with servers --with ldiskfs
~/rpmbuild/SPECS/lustre.spec

Hopefully that helps.

Shawn