[lustre-discuss] mounting failover MGS and MDT

Cowe, Malcolm J malcolm.j.cowe at intel.com
Thu Oct 12 15:34:56 PDT 2017

There’s also documentation on wiki.lustre.org, which provides more of a walkthrough of the process:

http://wiki.lustre.org/Category:Lustre_Systems_Administration

See section 6 in the table of contents for how to format MGT, MDT, OSTs:

  *   http://wiki.lustre.org/Creating_the_Lustre_Management_Service_(MGS)
  *   http://wiki.lustre.org/Creating_the_Lustre_Metadata_Service_(MDS)
  *   http://wiki.lustre.org/Creating_Lustre_Object_Storage_Services_(OSS)

There are also follow-on sections for mounting Lustre on clients, the startup and shutdown sequence for services, and how to configure Pacemaker and Corosync for HA (on CentOS / RHEL).

Malcolm.