[lustre-discuss] Rhel 7 or centos 7 for lustre mds and oss

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 08:23:13 PDT 2017

That choice is mainly between the need for direct support or not.

CentOS is considered the exact same as RHEL except for the branding.
However, there is no commercially available support for it.

I would say, in a nutshell, if you have someone who is knowledgeable
about building kernel modules, go with CentOS.
If your system is mission critical or will be, go with RHEL

Brian Andrus