[lustre-discuss] Acceptable thresholds

Patrick Farrell paf at cray.com
Thu Oct 19 12:26:03 PDT 2017

Several processes per CPU core, probably?  It’s a lot.

But there’s a lot of environmental and configuration dependence here too.

Why not look at how many you have running currently when Lustre is set up and set the limit to double that?  Watching process count isn’t a good way to measure load anyway - it’s probably only good for watching for a fork-bomb type thing, where process count goes runaway.  So why not configure to catch that and otherwise don’t worry about it?

- Patrick