[lustre-discuss] Linux users are not able to access lustre folders

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Fri Oct 20 08:01:48 PDT 2017

> On Oct 20, 2017, at 10:50 AM, Ravi Konila <ravibhatk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can you please guide me how do I do it, I mean install NIS on servers and clients?
> Is it mandatory to setup NIS?

NIS is not mandatory.  You just need a way to ensure that user accounts are visible to the lustre servers.  You could also use LDAP or even just /etc/passwd.   You’ll probably just want to choose whatever mechanism is used on your other systems.

For the purposes of testing, you could always just create the luser1 locally on each lustre server to see if things start to work.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator