[lustre-discuss] ZFS-OST layout, number of OSTs

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Thu Oct 26 01:50:10 PDT 2017

On the other hand if we gather three or four raidz2s into one zpool/OST, loss of one raidz means loss
of a 120-160TB OST.
Around here, this is usually the deciding argument. (Even temporarily taking down one OST for whatever
repairs would take more data offline).

How is the general experience with having an l2arc on additional disks?
In my test attempts I did not see much benefit under Lustre.

With our type of hardware, we do not have room for one drive per (small) zpool - if there were only
one or two zpools per box, this would be possible.

Regards
Thomas