[lustre-discuss] ldiskfsprogs

Martin Hecht hecht at hlrs.de
Mon Oct 30 03:25:56 PDT 2017

Hi,

On 10/30/2017 09:56 AM, Parag Khuraswar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am installing lustre cloned from github.
Hmm... there are a few lustre related repositories on github.
I would prefer the upstream Lustre git repository managed by Intel
git://git.hpdd.intel.com unless you are interested in specific features
that are not (yet) available from there.

> After build of rpms I am trying
> to install lustre rpms.
>
> I am getting below error
>
> Requires: ldiskfsprogs >= 1.42.7.wc1
>
> But while compilation this package was not built.
ldiskfsprogs used to be called e2fsprogs. However, in my experience it
is a bit more a challenge to build these ones from source than for the
main lustre packages. Anyhow, in Intel's git Lustre repository
git://git.hpdd.intel.com there is also a branch tools/e2fsprogs.git - or
you can use pre-built rpms for your OS from

https://downloads.hpdd.intel.com/public/e2fsprogs/latest/

best regards,
Martin