[lustre-discuss] Running IBM Power boxes as OSSs?

Daniel Kidger daniel.kidger at uk.ibm.com
Fri Sep 1 03:24:36 PDT 2017

Hi.

 This is my first posting to the list.
 I have worked off an on with Lustre since a helping set up a demo at SC02 in Baltimore.
 A long time has passed and I now find myself at IBM.
 The question I have today is:

 Are any sites running with IBM POWER hardware for their Lustre servers i.e. MDS and OSSs?
 The only references I find are very old, certainly long before the availability of little-endian RedHat.

 And if not, what are likely to be the pain points and hurdles in building and running Lustre on non-x86 platforms like POWER?

 Daniel
 Daniel Kidger
 IBM Systems, UK
 daniel.kidger at uk.ibm.com
 +44 (0)7818 522266Unless stated otherwise above: