[lustre-discuss] lfs data_version $filename

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 12:53:16 PDT 2018

Greetings List!

What is the number from the command "lfs data_version $filename " telling
me?

I do not see "data_version" documented in lfs -h, man lfs, nor in lustre
manual..

I do know that if I have a zero-length file my robinhood scan of my Lustre
mount point indicates that "lfs get_version" failed.  As the file
in-question is zero length, I have no problem with this (other than lines
in my robinhood lustre.log file making it large).

I understand that Lustre File System uses three numbers to validate data
integrity.  How does the number returned from "lfs data_version" come into
play?  What reference number is that one?

Thank you in advance for the education.
Cheers,
megan