[lustre-discuss] LNET Multi-rail

Hans Henrik Happe happe at nbi.dk
Tue Apr 10 07:15:11 PDT 2018

Thanks for the info. A few observations I found so far:

- I think LU-10297 has solved my stability issues.
- lustre.conf does work with comma separation of interfaces. I.e.
o2ib(ib0,ib1). However, peers need to be configured with ldev.conf or
lnetctl.
- Defining peering ('lnetctl peer add' and ARP settings) on the client
only, seems to make  multi-rail work both ways.

I'm a bit puzzled by the last observation. I expected that both ends
needed to define peers? The client NID does not show as multi-rail
(lnetctl peer show) on the server.

Cheers,
Hans Henrik