[lustre-discuss] lfs data_version $filename

DEGREMONT Aurelien aurelien.degremont at cea.fr
Thu Apr 12 09:06:56 PDT 2018

Hello

This is feature is primarily used by HSM, internally, but is not limited to.
data_version is a number computed from each OST objects the file is made of.

Two different values for data_version mean the file content has changed.
Two identical values mean the content is identical. There is not
relationship like older or more recent. There is no order between values.
Values from 2 different files cannot be compared. This has no sense.

Aurélien