[lustre-discuss] lustre for home directories

Carlson, Timothy S Timothy.Carlson at pnnl.gov
Wed Apr 25 11:42:03 PDT 2018

I would work on fixing your NFS server before moving to Lustre.   That being said, I have no idea of how big an installation you have. How many nodes you have for NFS clients, how much data you are talking about moving around, etc.

As others will point out, even with improvements in Lustre metadata operations recently, you are likely to be metadata bound by Lustre well before you are bound up with NFS operations.

Tim