[lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.10.4 failover

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Mon Aug 13 13:08:05 PDT 2018

> On Aug 13, 2018, at 2:25 PM, David Cohen <cdavid at physics.technion.ac.il> wrote:
>
> the fstab line I use for mounting the Lustre filesystem:
>
> oss03 at tcp:oss01 at tcp:/fsname /storage        lustre  flock,user_xattr,defaults    0 0

OK.  That looks correct.

> the mds is also configured for failover (unsuccessfully) :
> tunefs.lustre --writeconf --erase-params --fsname=fsname --mgs --mountfsoptions='user_xattr,errors=remount-ro,acl' --param="mgsnode=oss03 at tcp mgsnode=oss01 at tcp servicenode=oss01 at tcp servicenode=oss03 at tcp" /dev/lustre_pool/MDT

I don’t think you need to specify the —msg option (since the writeconf doesn’t change what kind of target it is).  Also, you should be able to just specify multiple —mgsnode=XX options like you did for the osts instead of using the —param=“mgsnode..” syntax.  I don’t know if that is affecting your failover config or not.  (Maybe it doesn’t matter.)

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator