[lustre-discuss] 2.10.5 compiler versions

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Thu Aug 30 12:34:18 PDT 2018

On Aug 30, 2018, at 13:28, E.S. Rosenberg <esr+lustre at mail.hebrew.edu> wrote:

> HI everyone,
>
> We just succesfully built 2.10.5 on our Debian clients but to do so I had to revert to gcc-7 (from 8), is this a known issue? In general what compilers is building/testing done with?

I believe that there is a patch in Gerrit for fixing the GCC 8 compiler issues.  Testing and review of the patch is welcome.

> Also I was wondering how is it that the configure script takes longer to run then compiling everything?

Because checking for various kernel features requires starting a small kernel module compile each time, which is slow.  If you have time to investigate and optimize, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Andreas
---
Andreas Dilger
CTO Whamcloud