[lustre-discuss] Command line tool to monitor Lustre I/O ?

Daniel Kobras kobras at puzzle-itc.de
Thu Dec 20 15:26:04 PST 2018

Hi Roland!

> Am 20.12.2018 um 15:04 schrieb Laifer, Roland (SCC) <roland.laifer at kit.edu>:
>
> what is a good command line tool to monitor current Lustre metadata and
> throughput operations on the local client or server? Up to now we had
> used collectl but this no longer works for Lustre 2.10.

The Lustre exporter (https://github.com/HewlettPackard/lustre_exporter) for Prometheus copes well with 2.10. Calling it a command-line tool is a bit of a stretch (hey, there’s curl after all!), but it can certainly step in for collect’s non-interactive mode of operation.

Kind regards,

Daniel
--
Daniel Kobras
Principal Architect

--
Puzzle ITC Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft:  Jurastr. 27/1, 72072