[lustre-discuss] Lustre as /home directory

Martin BALVERS martin.balvers at nutricia.com
Wed Feb 14 23:55:10 PST 2018

Hi,

I don't know if the experts think it is advisable or not, but it does
work. I have been using /home on Lustre for years now, and not encountered
any problems.

gr,
Martin

From:   "Ravi Konila" <ravibhatk at gmail.com>
To:     "Lustre Discuss" <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>
Date:   15-02-2018 08:25
Subject:        [lustre-discuss]  Lustre as /home directory
Sent by:        "lustre-discuss" <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org>

Hi,

We are have working Lustre 2.8 with 100TB with 50TB for scratch and 50TB
for stage. Now our end users department wants to have /home in Lustre
(presently home is available from NFS to all nodes).

My question is, Is it advisable to have /home in Lustre since users data
will be of small files (less than 5MB)?

Regards

Ravi Konila