[lustre-discuss] Lustre client 2.10.3 with 2.1 server

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Tue Feb 27 17:05:04 PST 2018

On Feb 27, 2018, at 16:19, Raj Ayyampalayam <ansraj at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are using a lustre 2.1 server with 2.5 client.
>
> Can the latest 2.10.3 client can be used with the 2.1 server?
> I figured I would ask the list before I start installing the client on a test node.

I don't believe this is possible, due to changes in the protocol.  In any case, we haven't tested the 2.1 code in many years.

Very likely your "2.1" server is really a vendor port with thousands of patches, so you might consider to ask the vendor, in case they've tested this.  If not, then I'd strongly recommend to upgrade to a newer release on the server.

Lustre Principal Architect
Intel Corporation