[lustre-discuss] LNET routes

Preeti Malakar malakar.preeti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 08:26:53 PST 2018

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me with the following question about
LNETs:

When three writes are issued from a compute node to an OST, is it right
that the order in which the LNETs (corresponding to that OST) are used to
route the data from the compute node to the OST is the sequence in which
LNETs are assigned to the OST, i.e. in round robin order? For e.g. if the
LNETs for an OST were 14,410,1022,1246,2341,2438,3441,3594, then for three
writes from a compute node, the LNETs used will be 14,410,1022. If there
are writes from other nodes to the same OST at the same time, then this
order (of LNETs) depends on the writes issued from other nodes as well, is
that right?

Thanks,
Preeti