[lustre-discuss] lnet can't bind to 988

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 05:56:29 PDT 2018

the workstations are indeed running nfs, and i'm well aware of the nfs
conflict.  we don't run without privileged ports, and on occasion i
hit 988 being taken by NFS.  but that's readily identifiable in the
netstat tables.

i'll look into the LAST_ID article mentioned above.  looks painful,
but at least it's a lead.

the instigator seems to be as we're rolling rhel 7.4 to 7.5.  the
machine i was testing last week got rebooted over the weekend, so i'll
have to wait till another gets upgraded and the error triggers to test
out the theories