[lustre-discuss] LNET Multi-rail

Hans Henrik Happe happe at nbi.dk
Tue Mar 13 08:05:38 PDT 2018

Hi,

I'm testing LNET multi-rail with 2.10.3 and I ran into some questions
that I couldn't find in the documentation or elsewhere.

As I understand the design document "Dynamic peer discovery" will make
it possible to discover multi-rail peer without adding them manually? Is
that functionality in 2.10.3?

Will failover work without doing anything special? I've tested with two
IB ports and unplugging resulted in no I/O from client and replugging
didn't resolve it.

How do I make and active/passive setup? One example I would really like
to see in the documentation, is the obvious o2ib-tcp combination, where
tcp is used if o2ib is down and fails back if it comes op again.

Anyone using MR in production? Done at bit of testing with dual ib on
both server and client and had a few crashes.

Cheers,
Hans Henrik