[lustre-discuss] checking and turning on quota enforcement.

Phill Harvey-Smith p.harvey-smith at warwick.ac.uk
Wed May 30 07:18:24 PDT 2018

Hi all,

About a year ago I migrated the departmental lustre servers to new
hardware, which involved setting up new hardware, installing lustre and
copying the files over. All of which went OK and we have been using the
volumes without problems for the last year or so.

However it has just become apparent that the new servers are not
enforcing quotas, though they are set for all users on two of our
volumes. This has lead to the situation where one of our volumes is
almost full, and is negatively affecting performance.

Looking at the documentation for lfs suotaon / quotaoff it suggests that
they are depreciated since lustre version 2.4.x. We are currently
running 2.9.0 on Centos 7.

How can I check to see if quota enforcement is turned on, and if not
turn it on once we have people back under quota again (or adjusted their
quota).

Cheers.

Phill.