[lustre-discuss] replicated 3+ file system

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Tue Nov 13 08:19:25 PST 2018

On Nov 12, 2018, at 14:05, Vlad Kopylov <vladkopy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting mixed google results on either Lustre supports full HA with all it's daemons for fs at this point.
> Simply put I have 3 servers in 3 buildings with fronted apps working with replicated data set at each location.
> Can I have Lustre replicate data through those 3 nodes and mount FS at each location. Preferably without excessive read traffic between locations as there is 1-2ms latency involved.

While this is something that would be interesting to implement in Lustre, it isn't how Lustre is deployed today.

In the 2.11 release, there is the ability to mirror files across OSTs, and you could install a separate MDT and OSTs at each site and have "local" subdirectories located on the local MDT, with an OST pool defined to create files on the local OST.

That said, it would probably be a lot easier to just have 3 separate Lustre filesystems and use a higher-level tool to do resync between the sites.

Cheers, Andreas
---
Andreas Dilger
Principal Lustre Architect