[lustre-discuss] Updating kernel will require recompilation of lustre kernel modules?

Riccardo Veraldi riccardo.veraldi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:21:53 PDT 2018

I suppose you want to say 2.10.*

if you use lustre-client-dkms rpm (or build it from sources) the only
thing you need to do on your clients is to remove the actual
lustre-client-dkms rpm package
and reinstall  it after you upgrade the kernel.  In this way the lustre
modules will be automatically built for your new kernel (you must have
proper kernel-headers though).