[lustre-discuss] different quota counts between different Lustre versions?

Cameron Harr harr1 at llnl.gov
Thu Sep 13 08:01:29 PDT 2018

Thomas,

ZFS 0.7+ (I think) has built-in object accounting that is more accurate
than Lustre's guess. If you do a 'zpool get all | grep
userobj_accounting' you can see if it's enabled and active (two separate
states I found out just yesterday). In my testing, I upgraded from a ZFS
0.6 zpool (where Lustre quotas were definitely showing wrong) to ZFS 0.7
and noticed the accounting didn't immediately change. After stopping
Lustre, exporting/importing the pools again, then things showed
correctly and the userobj_accounting went from "enabled" to "active".

Cameron