[lustre-discuss] Robinhood 3.1.4 is available
thomas.leibovici at cea.fr
Fri Sep 21 06:58:37 PDT 2018
A new version of robinhood is available: robinhood 3.1.4.
It can be downloaded from here:
This version mainly brings changelog performance improvements (measured
up to 200k records/sec per MDT) and new web interface features.
You can find more details and a recall of improvements since v3.1 in the
release notes below.
* Web gui:
- new access control criteria: IP address, hostname
- tasks: scheduled requests, and possiblity to keep result history
- custom graphs
* Performance improvements:
- Improved rules-to-SQL conversion engine. Enable faster policy runs.
- Auto-tune hash table sizes (changelog reader and entry processor).
- Pipeline tuning to reduce CPU usage and improve ingestion rate.
- Default linking to jemalloc memory allocator for better performance.
Note: it is advised to start MariaDB with this allocator too
to achieve maximal performance.
- Fix major performance bug in changelog reader (appeared in v3.1.3).
* Configuration files: support %include directives in sub-blocks.
* New parameter to 'common.copy': "mkdir=yes" creates target directories
prior to the copy operation.
* New action 'common.move' (move an entry from one path/name to another).
* Command copytool 'lhsmtool_cmd': add man page.
* Policies: add matching modes "auto_update_attrs" and "auto_update_all"
* Faster changelog reader shutdown when the process is terminated by a
* Changelog optimization: drop CREATE/UNLINK and MKDIR/RMDIR changelog pairs
- add "-links" criterion
- "-ost" accepts OST sets
- add "-iname" option for case-insensitive name matching
- support "-not" for links, size and dates
* FS scan optimization (use openat() to walk through the filesystem instead
of full paths).
* Fix rules-to-SQL conversion
* Implement command rbh-rebind command to assign an archived entry to a
created fid (e.g. used for undelete operation).
* Make lhsm undelete more resilient to error cases
* lhsm: add tunable to allow custom/smaller UUID
* REST API:
- add nagios plugin
- add graph preview in console plugin
- add new filters
More information about the lustre-discuss