[lustre-discuss] 2.10 <-> 2.12 interoperability?

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Wed Apr 24 01:54:09 PDT 2019

Hi all,

OS=CentOS 7.5
Lustre 2.10.6

One of the OSS (one OST only) was upgraded to zfs 0.7.13, and LU-11507 forced an upgrade of Lustre to 2.12

Mounts, reconnects, recovers, but then is unusable, and the MDS reports:

Lustre: 13650:0:(mdt_handler.c:5350:mdt_connect_internal()) test-MDT0000: client
test-MDT0000-lwp-OST0002_UUID does not support ibits lock, either very old or an invalid client: flags
0x2041401043000020

So far I have not found any hints that these versions would not cooperate, or that I should have set a
certain parameter.
LU-10175 indicates that the ibits have some connection to data-on-mdt which we don't use.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Roth
Department: Informationstechnologie
Location: SB3 2.291

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1, 64291 Darmstadt, Germany, www.gsi.de

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Ursula Weyrich, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
State Secretary / Staatssekretär Dr. Georg Schütte