[lustre-discuss] Assistance deploying Slurm HPC cluster with Lustre file system based on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)

Maxime Hugues mhugues at google.com
Mon Aug 5 07:35:15 PDT 2019

Hello,

Did you deploy Lustre and Slurm on GCP in the same zone ?

What does `df` return on the master node where the client is mounted ?

What does `sudo modprobe lustre` return on the master node ?
Usually the Lustre client is installed by installing `kmod-lustre-client`
and `lustre-client`, cf
http://wiki.lustre.org/Installing_the_Lustre_Software#Lustre_Client_Software_Installation
.

Regarding how to add the Lustre client install on the compute, login and
mater node in slurm-gcp, a function can be added into the
`startup-script.sh` and called in the nfs mount section starting at line
1039 of the `startup-script.sh`