[lustre-discuss] lctl set_param obdfilter.*.readcache_max_filesize=2M fails

Pinkesh Valdria pinkesh.valdria at oracle.com
Thu Aug 8 09:42:45 PDT 2019

Hello Lustre experts,

I am fairly new to lustre and I did a deployment of it on Oracle Public Cloud using instructions on whamcloud wiki pages.    I am now trying to set some parameters for better performance and need help to understand why I am getting this error:

On OSS Servers:

[root at lustre-oss-server-nic0-1 ~]# lctl set_param obdfilter.*.readcache_max_filesize=2M

error: set_param: param_path 'obdfilter/*/readcache_max_filesize': No such file or directory

[root at lustre-oss-server-nic0-1 ~]#

Also I have seen this happen on Client nodes:

lctl set_param ldlm_timeout=200  - This fails with below error

error: set_param: param_path 'ldlm_timeout': No such file or directory

Appreciate your help.