[lustre-discuss] Wanted: multipath.conf for dell ME4 series arrays

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Wed Aug 21 00:34:32 PDT 2019

Andrew,

ME4084 is a dual-controller active/active hardware RAID array. Disclosing
some config data could be helpful.

   1. What underlying Lustre target filesystem? (assuming ldiskfs with a
   hardware RAID array)
   2. What does your current multipath.conf look like?

--Jeff

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 11:47 PM Andrew Elwell <andrew.elwell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> we're seeing MMP reluctance to hand over the (umounted) OSTs to the
> partner pair on our shiny new ME4084 arrays,
>
> Does anyone have the device {} settings they'd be willing to share?
> My gut feel is we've not defined path failover properly and some
> timeouts need tweaking
>

> (4* ME4084's per 2 740 servers with SAS cabling, Lustre 2.10.8 and CentOS
> 7.x)
>
> Many thanks
>

> Andrew

Jeff Johnson
Co-Founder
Aeon Computing

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing dot com
www.aeoncomputing.com
4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite C - San Diego, CA 92117
High-Performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage