[lustre-discuss] cannot create file for unknown uid

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.com
Fri Aug 30 06:20:01 PDT 2019

Hello

I think that's expected. Lustre runs an identity upcall command on the MDT to get the user secondary groups. If it fails, Lustre returns a permission error.
See: http://doc.lustre.org/lustre_manual.xhtml#dbdoclet.l_getidentity

Try to disable it, confirm this is the reason of your problem.

If yes, and you need to be able resolve supplementary groups for known users but accept any unknown user ID, you will probably have to wrap this script to handle both cases.

Aurélien