[lustre-discuss] Command line tool to monitor Lustre I/O ?

Laifer, Roland (SCC) roland.laifer at kit.edu
Thu Feb 14 07:09:20 PST 2019

Hello,

since I usually just want to do a short check what is going on on
clients and servers the hint for lltop seemed to be the best for my needs.

I tried it but there was an error message on the MDS. However, I found
an easy fix and just had to replace
  "/proc/fs/lustre/mds",
with
  "/proc/fs/lustre/mdt",
in lltop-master/serv.c

It seems like many tools need to be adapted for the structures of new
Lustre versions.

lltop is a nice tool to show which clients are currently doing most
reads, writes or general requests.

Regards,
  Roland