[lustre-discuss] Full OST, any way of avoiding it without hanging?

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Sun Jan 6 13:55:55 PST 2019

> On Jan 5, 2019, at 9:49 PM, Jason Williams <jasonw at jhu.edu> wrote:
>
> I have looked around the internet and found you can disable an OST, but when I have tried that, any writes (including deletes) to the OST hang the clients indefinitely.  Does anyone know a way to make an OST basically "read-only" with the exception of deletes so we can work to clear out the OST?

What command did you use to disable the OST?

There is a way to disable the OST on all the clients, but there is also a way to deactivate it on the MDS.  The latter method should prevent the MDS from allocating any new files to the OST, but still allow clients to read and delete files on that OST.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator