[lustre-discuss] a question about max_create_count

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.com
Thu Jun 20 01:09:41 PDT 2019

Hello Kurt,

max_create_count is a tunable per OST. It controls how many object pre-creations could be done on each OST, by the MDT. If you set this to 0 for one OST, no additional object will be allocated there and no new file will have file stripes on it.

With the appropriate hardware, Lustre can create much more than 20,000 files simultaneously.

Aurélien