[lustre-discuss] statahead trigger

Manno, Dominic Anthony dmanno at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 25 12:11:12 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm wondering what triggers a statahead? In testing some use of the ioctl for MDT stat struct, I notice that statahead is still called although far less frequently than a normal readdir, stat workload.

Can the ioctl even use what statahead puts in client cache? If so, can the statahead trigger be easily modified to account for the ioctl treewalk workload?

I've browsed the code a bit but seem to be missing the ioctl and statahead interaction. I'm at a point where I don't think the ioctl code path can use statahead, but I do see it being triggered.

Thanks in advance,

-Dominic