[lustre-discuss] *** Reminder for LUG'19 registration! ***

OpenSFS Administration admin at opensfs.org
Wed May 1 13:38:41 PDT 2019

Registration for The 17th Annual Lustre User Group Conference is closing
soon! The regular registration fee is ending Monday, May 6, 2019.

May 15-17, 2019

University of Houston Student Center

4455 University Drive

Houston, TX  77204

LUG 2019 is the industry's primary venue for discussion and seminars on the
Lustre parallel file system and other open source file system technologies.
Don't miss your chance to actively participate in industry dialogue on best
practices and emerging technologies, explore upcoming developments of the
Lustre file system, and immerse in the strong Lustre community.

The LUG 2019 conference website (conference.cacds.uh.edu
<http://conference.cacds.uh.edu> ) has all the latest information, including
how to obtain the LUG 2019 group rates at the conference hotel and
information on all of the planned networking events.

PRE CONFERENCE EVENTS-Tuesday, May 14

This year's LUG conference offers two brand new tutorial sessions, included
in your registration fee.  Space is limited so be sure to register early.
The below session content is tentative and subject to change:

Lustre for New Users:  8:00am to 12:00-This session will introduce the
Lustre operating platform to new users.  It is a hands-on session that will
allow users to familiarize themselves with Lustre before the conference
begins.  Topics to be covered include: Structure of the file system;
underlying Filesystem types; how to install; how to configure inet; how to
create a Filesystem; how to mount on clients; configuring user mapping;
striping and OST pools and much more.

Lustre Day to Day Operations Session for Systems Administrators:  1:00pm to
5:00pm-This session is designed for users already familiar with the Lustre
platform and who wish to take their depth of knowledge to the next level.
Topics to be discussed are system crashes; LNet configuration/tuning; Luster
HA/failover; understanding the Lustre recovery process; Lustre DNE; changing
a server NID; writeconf process; adding a new OST; and Lustre monitoring.

Welcoming Reception: 6pm to 9pm-Meet fellow attendees in this event
sponsored by Whamcloud

2019 Networking Events:

St Arnolds Brewery: May 15, 6pm to 9pm--  St. Arnold Brewing Company is
Texas' oldest craft brewery, founded in 1994. They brew a wide variety of
beers, some year-round, some seasonal, and some single batch. We will
provide transportation to and from the brewery with stops at the UH Hilton
and the downtown conference hotels (Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites). Please
join us for this event in the Investor's Pub, which we have reserved for
LUG-2019 attendees.. This event includes an optional tour of the brewery,
games, hors d'oeuvres and of course, cold beer.

UH Gameroom Night: May 16, 6pm to 9pm-- The UH Gameroom is located in the
basement of the Student Center, two floors below our conference location.
Join us for an evening of bowling, pool, and ping pong. (There are also
video games and an air hockey table available). We will also bring in a
Tex-Mex buffet of beef/chicken and grilled vegetable fajitas with all the
fixings (guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheese, rice and beans). We have the
entire facility reserved for our exclusive use this evening.