[lustre-discuss] Lustre kernel module compatibility

Tauferner, Andrew T andrew.t.tauferner at intel.com
Tue May 21 08:15:12 PDT 2019

Is it okay to run Lustre 2.12.x kernel modules on clients that are part of a 2.10.x Lustre installation?  What I mean is that the servers and the clients have installed version 2.10.x RPMs.  For what it's worth, this seems to work okay.  The alternative is to keep using the 2.6.99 vintage Lustre kernel modules that come with kernel.org kernels with the 2.10.x software.  I'd really like to get all Lustre code to the 2.12 version but I'm not sure that I can convince our cluster administrator of that.  Thanks.

Andrew Tauferner
1-952-562-4944 (office)