[lustre-discuss] Unable to compile client in Debian

Alejandro Sierra algsierra at gmail.com
Tue May 28 13:38:18 PDT 2019

Hello:

I want to be able to see my lustre 2.10.5 disk in my cluster, but
every attemp to complile the client code failed.  If I try the same
version as the server (a Centos7 server) it falis because of the
-Werror flag with trivial code impossible to correct, like

util/parser.c:198:13: error: comparison between pointer and zero
character constant [-Werror=pointer-compare]
   if (*next == '\0') {
             ^~
util/parser.c:198:7: note: did you mean to dereference the pointer?
   if (*next == '\0') {
       ^
util/parser.c: In function ‘Parser_list_commands’:
util/parser.c:575:25: error: ‘%2d’ directive output may be truncated
writing between 2 and 10 bytes into a region of size 4
[-Werror=format-truncation=]
    snprintf(fmt, 6, "%%-%2ds", char_max - len);
                         ^~~

I even tried to erase all Werror flags from the configure and automake
files but that only make it worse because of the incompatible automake
versions.

Then I tried the current release cloned with git and I get errors like these

lustre-release/lnet/lnet/lib-socket.c:76:8: error: implicit
declaration of function ‘kernel_sock_ioctl’; did you mean
‘lnet_sock_ioctl’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   rc = kernel_sock_ioctl(sock, cmd, arg);

lustre-release/lustre/llite/namei.c:977:15: error: ‘FILE_CREATED’
undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘FLD_CREATE’?
    *opened |= FILE_CREATED;
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~
               FLD_CREATE

lustre-release/lustre/llite/namei.c:988:10: error: too many arguments
to function ‘finish_open’
     rc = finish_open(file, dentry, NULL, opened);

I can't use the available precompiled versions because I need modules
for my kernel version 4.19.0.

What can I do?  Any help will be highly appreciated.

Alejandro A. Sierra
National Earth Observation Laboratory, Mexico
http://www.lanot.unam.mx/