[lustre-discuss] Lustre snapshots

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Fri May 31 03:28:48 PDT 2019

Yes, from the Lustre point of view, the snapshots are currently totally separate filesystems.

You would need to generate the automount map from "lctl snapshot_list".  However, if you mounted a client on the MGS temporarily after creating the snapshot you could write the automount map into e.g. "/mnt/lustre/.snapshot/automountmap" so that it would immediately be visible to all clients mounting the filesystem, and immediately unmount the filesystem again.  Of course you could use some other mechanism to distribute it as well.

Cheers, Andreas