[lustre-discuss] one ost down

Marek Magryś m.magrys at cyfronet.pl
Fri Nov 15 04:56:41 PST 2019

Hi Einar,

You can to run ddrescue from the OSS server to create a block-level
backup of the OST. ddrescue should create a fairly decent backup from
what is available on the block device. I would suggest to run such
backup before you play with clearing the bad blocks, in worst case you
will be able to restore the OST to the current state.

Cheers,
Marek