[lustre-discuss] Questions about upgrading

Makia Minich makia at systemfabricworks.com
Tue Oct 8 10:00:07 PDT 2019

It's less that it's ext4 or anything; if you're using MDRAID or some
kind of JBOD or enclosure you'll need to make sure that those devices
assemble exactly the same. As long as those devices look the same after
the "upgrade" you'll be ok. For the most part, should be as simple as
mounting and letting Lustre take it's time to make sure everything is
ok, though you may need to pay attention to some fsck options
prior/during the upgrade of the Lustre versions, especially with a jump
from 2.5 to 2.12, but I'm less of an expert on some of that.

--

Makia Minich
Chief Architect

"Oh, I don't know. I think everything is just as it should be, y'know?"
- Frank Fairfield