[lustre-discuss] Is it a good practice to use big OST?

Harr, Cameron harr1 at llnl.gov
Tue Oct 15 05:37:49 PDT 2019

We run one OST per OSS and each OST is ~580TB. Lustre 2.8 or 2.10, ZFS 0.7.

On 10/8/19 10:50 AM, Carlson, Timothy S wrote:
I’ve been running 100->200TB OSTs making up small petabyte file systems for the last 4 or 5 years with no pain.  Lustre 2.5.x through current generation.

Plenty of ZFS rebuilds when I ran across a set of bad disks that went fine.