[lustre-discuss] Build fails on Lustre 2.10.x and Ubuntu 18.04

Huiming Song s0nghuiming at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:21:14 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to build lustre from source @b2_10 branch and Ubuntu 18.04/19.04.

After meeting many difficulties, I can start make the build.

Then in 'make debs', I received the error as of following:

rm -f liblustreapitmp.a
ar cru liblustreapitmp.a liblustreapi.o liblustreapi_hsm.o liblustreapi_nodemap.o liblustreapi_json.o liblustreapi_layout.o liblustreapi_lease.o liblustreapi_util.o liblustreapi_kernelconn.o liblustreapi_param.o ../../libcfs/libcfs/util/string.o ../../libcfs/libcfs/util/param.o liblustreapi_ladvise.o liblustreapi_chlg.o
ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')
ranlib liblustreapitmp.a
rm -f liblustreapi.a liblustreapi.so
gcc  -shared -o liblustreapi.so `ar -t liblustreapitmp.a`
gcc: error: string.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: param.o: No such file or directory
Makefile:1834: recipe for target 'liblustreapi.a' failed

I have searched for the issue in the mailing list. I searchech 'Ubuntu 18.04', 'string.o', 'params.o', but no issue matches my case.
Could you help to give any comments on this error? Thanks in advance.

Thank you and best regards
Song, Huiming