[lustre-discuss] Disk caching

Louis Allen louisallen at live.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 04:14:57 PDT 2019

I'm currently looking at how to get the best performance out of Lustre when deploying to Azure and would like to know if disk caching should be enabled/considered at all at the OS or Azure level? I have the following options available to me in Azure:

Host Caching: None, Read-Only or Read-Write

I'm getting high IO_WAIT build up with my current configuration with Host Caching: Read-Write enabled in Azure for my disks (as well as the default OS disk caching) and was wondering if that might be the cause.

Thanks