[lustre-discuss] Any way to dump Lustre quota data?

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Thu Sep 5 07:00:08 PDT 2019

Kevin,

There are files in /proc/fs/lustre/qmt/yourfsname-QMT0000/ that you can
pull it all from based on UID and GID. Look for files like md-0x0/glb-usr
 dt-0x0/glb-usr and files in
/proc/fs/lustre/osd-zfs/yourfsname-MDT0000/quota_slave.

I’m not in front of a keyboard, I’m cooking breakfast but I’ll follow up
with the exact files. You can cat them and maybe find what you’re looking
for.

—Jeff

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 05:07 Kevin M. Hildebrand <kevin at umd.edu> wrote:

> Is there any way to dump the Lustre quota data in its entirety, rather
> than having to call 'lfs quota' individually for each user, group, and
> project?
>
> I'm currently doing this on a regular basis so we can keep graphs of how
> users and groups behave over time, but it's problematic for two reasons:
> 1.  Getting a comprehensive list of users and groups to iterate over is
> difficult- sure I can use the passwd/group files, but if a user has been
> deleted there may still be files owned by a now orphaned userid or groupid
> which I won't see.  We may also have thousands of users in the passwd file
> that don't have files on a particular Lustre filesystem, and doing lfs
> quota calls for those users wastes time.
> 2.  Calling lfs quota hundreds of times for each of the users, groups, and
> projects takes a while.  This reduces my ability to collect the data at the
> frequency I want.  Ideally I'd like to be able to collect every minute or
> so.
>
> I have two different Lustre installations, one running 2.8.0 with ldiskfs,
> the other running 2.10.8 with ZFS.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin Hildebrand
> University of Maryland
> Division of IT

Jeff Johnson
Co-Founder
Aeon Computing

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite C - San Diego, CA 92117

High-Performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage