[lustre-discuss] LUG 2020 Update

OpenSFS Administration admin at opensfs.org
Fri Apr 3 19:05:55 PDT 2020

Dear Lustre community,

The OpenSFS Board of Directors and the Lustre User Group (LUG) 2020 Hosting Committee wanted to release an update on the LUG’20 status with regards to the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19.

We want to acknowledge the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on individuals, families, and communities all over the world. We appreciate that many of you are dealing with unforeseen challenges and anxiety during this alarming and uncertain time.

While we were very much looking forward to seeing you all in Berkeley, California in June, we want to ensure that we provide a safe environment for us all to meet, share, discuss, and evolve Lustre. Due to the rapid developments and safety restrictions in place, we’ve decided to cancel LUG’20 in Berkeley. We are exploring online-based options for keeping the community engaged, such as a series of webinars that would span topics of interest that would normally be covered at LUG. Please stay tuned as we review our options and gather feedback from all of you.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback. We wish for you and your loved one’s health and urge you all to stay safe.

Warm regards,
LUG’20 Hosting Committee and OpenSFS Board of Directors​