[lustre-discuss] changelog not purging

John White jwhite at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 16 13:35:07 PDT 2020

We’re having some pretty intense MDT capacity growth issues on one of our file systems that coincide exactly with changelogs.  Problem is we can’t seem to purge them.  We can deregister them but the capacity remains.  For a 750mil files we have close to 3TB of capacity usage on the MDT.

I know there are 2 files in the root of the ldiskfs for the changelog but those are only a couple MB max.  Are there other files in the ldiskfs directory structure that can be manually purged?