[lustre-discuss] changelogs stop working

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Tue Dec 8 03:04:09 PST 2020

Hi all,

Lustre 2.12.5 here. Changelogs no longer working except for 12LYOUT

Did this now on a test system, no user interference. Deregistered all users, registered new user, set changelog_mask=ALL
Watching changelogs by 'lfs changelog lustre-MDT0000 --follow'

Create a directory - no change
Go to that directory and rsync a Linux kernel source directory into it - rsync shows that it is copying files and creating directories.
Changelogs - nada

Create an empty file - no changelog
Echo something into that file - Layout Change!

Repeat: clear changelogs, remove cl users, register user, set changelog_mask to ALL.
Create an empty file - no changelog
Echo something into that file - changelog nada.

This is a slowly decaying feature. I have no idea how we could have managed that.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Roth
HPC Department

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstr. 1, 64291 Darmstadt, http://www.gsi.de/

Gesellschaft mit beschraenkter Haftung

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office:                    Darmstadt
Handelsregister       / Commercial Register:
                                         Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528

Geschaeftsfuehrung    / Managing Directors:
          Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Ursula Weyrich, Jörg Blaurock

Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrates /
   Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
    Staatssekretaer / State Secretary Dr. Georg Schütte