[lustre-discuss] Slow release of inodes on OST

Åke Sandgren ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se
Tue Feb 4 06:23:46 PST 2020

Hi!

When I create a large number of files on an OST and then remove them,
the used inode count on the OST decreases very slowly, it takes several
hours for it to go from 3M to the correct ~10k.

(I'm running the io500 test suite)

Is there something I can do to make it release them faster?
Right now it has gone from 3M to 1.5M in 6 hours, (lfs df -i).

These are SSD based OST's in case it matters.

Internet: ake at hpc2n.umu.se   Phone: +46 90 7866134 Fax: +46 90-580 14